Smoothing wrinklesAesthetic medicine treatments are increasingly used to ensure a beautiful and young look. Hyaluronic acid is most often used for wrinkle smoothing treatments. It is a naturally found substance in the skin, designed to provide its elasticity by tying water. With age, its amount in the body unfortunately decreases, this is associated with a decrease in elasticity and skin tension and is the cause of wrinkles. In our office we use only preparations based on synthetic hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Surgiderm, Restylane) – not giving allergic reactions and perfectly tolerated by the body. What does the wrinkle smoothing treatment look like? Below is a simplified scheme of the procedure:
- First visit: after an initial conversation with the patient and getting to know his expectations, the doctor presents a treatment plan. After performing anesthesia, it proceeds to aesthetic correction of furrows and wrinkles. The whole treatment lasts about 30 minutes and the effect is visible immediately after it is completed
- How long does the effect of smoothed wrinkles last? – the effects of wrinkle smoothing last from 9 to 12 months. It depends on the age of the patient, the lifestyle and the type of skin. After this period, the applied material is biodegraded to carbon dioxide and water. The advantage of hyaluronic acid-based filling substances is that they stimulate the skin to regenerate and after it absorption wrinkles are generally shallower than before surgery
- What are the contraindications to the procedure? – contraindications to smoothing wrinkles are:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- inflammation of the skin such as acne, herpes
- propensity for hypertrophic scars
- autoimmune system.
- Can all wrinkles be smoothed? – with the help of filling substances, we can correct nasolabial folds, drooping corners of the mouth and smooth out medium and superficial wrinkles. Mimic wrinkles – transverse frontal, lion furrow between eyes, crow's paws require an earlier correction with a botulinum toxin.
- Is it possible to function normally after the procedure? – Yes, the procedure is performed under anesthesia, thanks to which it is completely painless. The effects are visible immediately after it is finished, and the patient can return to normal activity. For a few days after the procedure, however, it is necessary to avoid severe sunlight, solarium, and a lot of physical exertion.
Aesthetic medicine capabilities:
(click on the image below)