Reconstruction on implants – implantological teeth – crowns, bridges and dentures based on titanium implants, zirconia implants
and 3M MDI mini-implants
Before the procedure, during the implantological consultation, our implantologist
– Grzegorz Gdula presents the patient with possible treatment options. It helps in choosing the optimal plan for replacing missing teeth. You can read a detailed description of the treatment on the subpage about implant treatment, and below we present a simplified treatment
- First visit: we take a panoramic photo of the teeth and on its basis the implantologist determines the possibilities and indications for implantation and presents the patient with possible treatment options. If the patient accepts the treatment plan, a 3D computed tomography scan is performed for more accurate diagnosis of the treatment site. All tests are performed on site in our own X-ray laboratory in Wrocław. Once we have a set of necessary tests, we can start planning the type and placement of implants so as to make the most of the bone conditions in the patient and achieve the best possible treatment effect. The visit ends with an assessment of dental hygiene and possibly referring the patient for a hygienization visit. Optimal oral hygiene and a complete lack of plaque is important to maximize your chances of success in implantation treatment. Implants Wrocław are a modern opportunity to rebuild missing teeth.
- Second visit: on this visit we proceed to the implantation procedure. After the procedure, we play aesthetics and function to allow our patients to function normally. Missing teeth in the implanted section are temporarily recreated using adhesive bridges, bite splints or standard acrylic dentures with soft lining. We always make efforts to ensure that the patient after the procedure can leave the office with an aesthetic supplement, which will be used until the implants are boiling and performing the final prosthetic reconstruction. The implantation procedure always ends with laser biostimulation to accelerate healing and reduce inflammation within the wound.
- Third visit: after a certain time of implant insertion – 2 months for the lower jaw and 4 months for the upper jaw, the implantologist uncovers the implant and performs prosthetic reconstruction on the implants. Implant-based prosthetic treatment options are visible when you click on the appropriate image next to the
- What is the implantation procedure? – implantation consists in drilling small holes in the bone and screwing titanium implants into them, and then suturing the resulting wound with stitches. After the period needed for the implants to heal, prosthetic reconstruction is performed on them, e.g. crowns, bridges or dentures.
- Can anyone undergo implantation? – indications and contraindications for implantation are determined by the doctor during the first consultation visit in the office, contraindications to the implantation procedure are, for example, some systemic diseases, inability to maintain good oral hygiene by the patient, large bone deficiencies at the site of planned implantation – not meeting the conditions for bone regeneration or sinus lifting.
- Is implantation painful? – The implantation procedure, despite some invasiveness, is performed completely painlessly. This is made possible by modern anesthesia. During the procedure, the most powerful anesthetics are used, guaranteeing the possibility of calm positioning and implanting implants. At the same time, during and after the procedure, the patient is fully aware and can return by car on his own. For extremely stressed patients, we offer the possibility of providing voltage-loosening drugs, causing a much more pleasant course of implantation.
- Is every implant successful implantation? – implantation procedure, like any medical procedure, carries the risk of failure, the effectiveness of implantation is estimated at about 98%. This means that 1 in about 40 implanted implants are not bone-resistant and will need to be removed. The unintegrated implant is painlessly removed and usually after repeatedly implanting the implant into the same place, the procedure is successful.
- What is the guarantee of implant durability? – with proper oral hygiene, there is no limit to the length of time to maintain implants. Their durability is similar to the durability of their own healthy tooth. If the implant implanted in our clinic is rejected by the body in less than 2 years, as part of the warranty, we will perform re-implantation. The condition of the warranty is, regular reporting of inspection visits after the treatment has been completed. Only then is it possible to react quickly to any medicinal needs with implants implanted.
- How should I take care of my teeth placed on implants? – the way of taking care of implants is no different from the standard cleaning of your own teeth. Very important are periodic follow-up visits after 1, 4 and 10 months from the end of treatment, and then 9~12 months combined with a thorough check of the condition of the tissues around the implant and control of the bone condition on the X-ray. After implantation, each patient receives a detailed written instruction from us and how to take care of hygiene with implants.