Elastic prostheses – nylon
Flexible prostheses, also known as nylon prostheses, are one of the newer solutions in the field of dental prosthetics. They are an excellent alternative to traditional partial acrylic prostheses. They are made of special elastic material that provides a protection of fracture resistance and much greater comfort of use. Compared to traditional prostheses made of acrylic, they have many advantages that make their use much easier and more enjoyable for the patient:
- are thinner than the prosthesis of standard
- have better maintenance – they do not fall
- do not cause allergic reactions
- do not have metal buckles – they are replaced by aesthetic buckles in the color of the gums
- are light and flexible – they do not break and do not crack
- have less range – they take up less space in the mouth
What does the course of treatment look like? Here is a simplified scheme:
- first visit: after qualifying the patient for prosthetic treatment, the doctor gets a squeeze weight of two squeezes – the upper and .
- Second visit: the dentist determines the height of the short circuit in the patient and gets re-squeezing on individual spoons made by dental technology.
- third visit: on this visit, trial dentures with teeth attached on wax are ready. After assessing the appearance of the prosthesis by the patient, the prosthesis is sent back to the laboratory for the purpose of performing a finished elastic prosthesis.
- fourth visit: flexible prostheses are ready to be given away, the dentist makes possible corrections and assesses the correctness of the bite and the arrangement of the prosthesis in the mouth, dentures are given to the patient.
- are flexible prostheses durable like traditional prostheses? – properly made nylon prostheses are more durable than traditional acrylic prostheses, because they do not break and break even after accidental dropping.
- how long is the waiting time for nylon prosthesis? – flexible prostheses are performed in a similar mode as acrylic prostheses. From the first visit to the office to give ready-made elastic prostheses, this period may in certain cases be shortened.