Botulinum toxin – Botox, is used to remove mimic wrinkles. These are wrinkles often already present in very young people. The cause of their formation is a strongly expressed, living facial expression. Botox given in the muscle responsible for the formation of wrinkles causes its gentle paralysis and thus prevents its full shrinkage. This prevents the wrinkle from continuing and deepening it. The effects of botox are fully reversible. The face after the first procedure after their resignation looks younger. Often wrinkles are plausible, the skin is more elastic and rested – for half a year it has not been strained by mymic muscles. What does the wrinkle smoothing treatment look like? Below is a simplified scheme of the procedure:
- doctor after a preliminary conversation with the patient and know his expectations presents a plan of the procedure. After anesthesia – most often it is surface anesthesia with Emla cream, proceeds to the punctuation of botox. The whole procedure lasts about 20 minutes and is practically painless. The effect of botox can be noticed after 2-3 days, while the final effect can usually be seen after 7 days after the procedure.
- How long do wrinkles remain invisible? – the effects of wrinkle removal after the first treatment usually last from 3 to 6 months. Subsequent treatments increase the persistence of effects.
- What are the contraindications to the procedure? – contraindications to the use of Botox are:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- inflammation of the skin such as acne, herpes
- propensity for hypertrophic scars
- Is it possible to function normally after the procedure? – Yes, the procedure is performed with a very thin needle under surface anesthesia, thanks to which it is practically painless. The patient may return to normal life activity immediately after the procedure, although for 4 hours after the procedure, avoid tilting the head and massing of botox injection sites. For a few days after the procedure, it is necessary to avoid strong sunlight, solarium and high physical exertion.