Adhesion bridges are among the permanent and temporary prosthetic additions. This means that they can be permanently cemented on the patient's own teeth or serve as a temporary supplement e.g.: when the implants are infected after implant surgery. Compared to traditional porcelain bridges, they do not require grinding healthy teeth are therefore much less invasive. Adhesion bridges are attached to other teeth using fiberglass tabs and cementing them in 3 ways:
- gluing fiberglass wings to healthy adjacent teeth
- placing the wings in the fiberglass in places after the old fillings in adjacent teeth
- formation of the bed in adjacent teeth in which fiberglass tabs are placed
With the help of adhesion bridges, most often one -tooth deficiencies are replenished. Indications for a specific type of fixing are determined by the doctor during dental examination. What does the course of treatment look like? Here is a simplified scheme:
- First visit: after qualifying the patient for treatment using adhesion bridges and choosing how to cement the bridge, the dentist prepares adjacent teeth by creating a bed in them on fiberglass tabs. The visit ends with the collection of squeezes and referral to the prosthetic laboratory.
- Second visit: the dentist covenants the adhesion bridge in the patient's mouth and makes possible adjustments, after which it cements the bridge permanently.
- what are the indications for the execution of adhesion bridges? – indication are the deficiencies of single teeth when you want to avoid grinding adjacent healthy pillar teeth. The indication is also a temporary addition to dental deficiencies for the duration of the dental implants – usually 3-6 months.
- how long is the completion time? – from the moment of the first visit to cement the adhesion bridge, no more than 1-2 days pass.
- are there contraindications to the execution of adhesion bridges? – yes, some bite defects, teeth grinding or age under 16 years are contraindicated. During dental examination, the dentist doctor qualifications for this type of prosthetic treatment.