MDI 3M miniimplant prosthesis
The lower overall prosthesis in the absence of one's own teeth is a nuisance of many patients. Such prostheses, due to instability in the mouth, often prevent free food, speaking or smiling. This is due to the anatomical conditions of the lower jaw and such a structure, which prevents a certain and strong stabilization of the lower prosthesis. An excellent solution in such a situation is treatment with single-piece miniimplants. The use of such treatment is possible even in patients with high bone atrophy of the lower jaw. In case of good bone conditions, it is possible to immediately stabilize the lower prosthesis immediately on the day of the procedure. The u.S.-patented treatment technique with 3M MDI miniimplants involves implanting 4 implants into the lower or upper jaw and immediately stabilizing the prosthesis on them with ball latches. The total prosthesis placed on the ball tabs of miniimplants shows excellent empowerment and stabilization. It is also possible to significantly reduce its size, as maintenance is provided by implants and not through the adhesion forces between the gums and the disc of the prosthesis. Such a solution is a very comfortable and increasingly used alternative for oral prosthesis.
Implant implantation surgery is usually carried out on a single visit usually takes about 1 hour. After a consultation visit and execution to examine the ctsography, the course of the procedure is as follows:
- Stage One: A dentist doctor, after familiarwith dissocity, determines the optimal position of miniimplants taking into account the bones and position relative to the future prosthesis.
- Stage Two: In local anesthesia, the doctor introduces 4 one-piece miniimplants. The procedure is much less invasive than the implantation of traditional implants, because if the bone conditions allow it, there is no need to cut the gum or put on the seams.
- Stage Three: After implantation of miniimplants, the dentist glues ball latches inside the patient's existing prosthesis, or performs a new prosthesis and only after its execution will it be fixed on implants. Immediately after the procedure you can function normally, eat and smile – with a perfectly stable prosthesis.
- Stage four: After about 7 days, a control visit is indicated to assess the healing of tissues around implants and check the fit and stabilization of the prosthesis.
- whether small implant sizes reduce their durability to avoid the breakdown of implants, the dentist's doctor always selects the optimal length and diameter of future implants, 20 years of experience and clinical trials do not show less durability of work on MDI miniimplants – however, it is important to use 4 implants in accordance with the patented procedure as only then can long-term durability be guaranteed
- is the treatment painful? – the procedure is carried out under local anesthesia and is completely painless. Due to low invasiveness, there is also post-treatment swelling, as well as no need for analgesics
- can this type of treatment be used in each patient? – the main advantage of miniimplants is that they can be used even in patients with a high bone loss who cannot implant traditional implants without costly bone recovery procedures. The patient's eligibility for such treatment is carried out by analysing the ctscoography examination and the assessment of the conditions in the patient's mouth