Ultrasonic removal of plaque
The second most common reason after caries is their mobility due to bone reduction due to the presence of plaque stone. The plaque consists of mineralized layers of plaque. Initially, its deposition on the teeth proceeds asymptomatic, but as its size is increased, it can cause many diseases m.in. inflammation and bleeding of the gums, caries or drying of teeth. To avoid this, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the teeth from the plaque and regularly remove the plaque in the dental office. We distinguish the stone above- and poddziąpruy. What does the course of treatment look like? Here is a simplified scheme:
Removal of the perky stone:
- First visit: dental hygienist monitors the patient's oral hygiene by calculating oral health indicators – API and PBI and comparing them with an earlier visit. Then, using an ultrasonic scalper, removes the plaque. After its removal, it checks in dental magnifying glasses or under the microscope the accuracy of the procedure and if the stone is removed entirely then polishes the cleaned surfaces of the tooth neck. Since the places after the stone is removed are demineralized by bacteria living in stone, after each scalping it is advisable to carry out a contact procedure fluoride of teeth in order to strengthen the enamel and reduce post-treatment hypersensitivity. After treatment, dental hygienist discusses with the patient the places where the amount of stone was greatest in him and shows how to clean his teeth to avoid deposition of the plaque in the future.
Removal of sub-ginstone:
- First visit: Before removing the stone, the dentist doctor uses local anesthesia in order to painless the course of the procedure and then removes the stone of the podddziyyyst. After the procedure, he wears a gum dressing and prescribes appropriate mouth washable fluids. In the case of a very deeply placed tartar, it is sometimes necessary to add additional cleansing with hand tools. Gum pockets in the area of removed stone with a depth of more than 5mm are an indication for disinfection of the surface of the roots with a laser – photoactive disinfection pad, which significantly improves the forecasts of cure the inflammation of the gums.
- does removing stone damage enamel? – properly carried out scalping of plaque deposits is not harmful to tooth enamel.
- how often should you remove a stone? – the frequency of removal of tartar is dependent on the level of oral hygiene, so an integral part of each visit to dental hygienist is to discuss the state of hygiene of the mouth and an appropriate instruction for dental cleaning. Usually, the treatment for stone removal is carried out every 1~2 years..
- is the treatment of stone removal painful? – this treatment thanks to the use of ultrasonic tip is painless. After the procedure, the hypersensitivity of the teeth, which usually disappears during the day from the procedure, in order to reduce hypersensitivity after the procedure of hygienist can perform an additional procedure of contact fluoride of the teeth, which further strengthens the enamel of the teeth.