The implantological consultation in our office will allow you to learn about the different methods of replenishing missing teeth with implants and choosing one that will be best suited to the conditions in the mouth. The implantological consultation is intended for people with deficiencies of single teeth, total tooth deficiencies, but also for people who will only have to have a tooth removed. How does such a visit work? – Here is a simplified scheme:
- Before the visit, the doctor takes a pantomographic picture of all the patient's teeth
- then the implantologist talks to the patient to know his expectations and wishes about the effects of treatment
- after the conversation, the doctor performs an intraoral examination of the patient assessing the state of hygiene of the mouth, teeth and gums and places with dental deficiencies
- after tests, the doctor with computer visualizations and drawings presents the patient with possible treatment options along with the full estimate of the solutions presented
- If a decision is made about implantological treatment, the visit ends with a computed tomography examination to plan the implantation procedure. In the presence of plaque and tartar, the doctor refers the patient to a dental hygienist to clean the teeth and reduce the number of bacteria in the mouth.
- Is it possible to implant immediately after tooth extraction? – if there is no acute inflammation within the extracted tooth, immediate implantation after extraction is usually the most advantageous solution to supplement the lack. Instant implantation allows for a significant reduction in bone loss after extraction, provides less invasive ness of the procedure and faster enjoyment of the new tooth on the implan.
- Do cigarettes affect implant treatment? – in smokers, a disturbance of blood supply to the oral mucosa is observed, which affects healing and worsens the prognosis regarding the chances of implant adoption.
- Up to what age can implants be implanted? – There is no upper age limit, which is an obstacle to treatment with dental implants. In elderly people with general diseases, treatment with mini-implants can be used, which in certain cases can be implanted without surgical cuts in the patient's gums. This allows for a significant minimize of the invasiveness of the procedure and accelerates healing.
- What is an implant template? – The implant template allows you to perform implantation without cutting the gum with a scalpel, exposing the bones and putting stitches. Such a procedure is planned computerically, and then using templates played in the mouth. Description of treatment with surgical templates.