Bridges on implants
Bridges on implants – whether zirconical or traditional metal-rolled are a very comfortable prosthetic solution solving the problem of missing several adjacent teeth. The advantages of such a solution compared to traditional bridges are primarily:
- no need to grind pillar teeth
- preventing bone loss after missing tooth
- this is the solution closest to natural teeth
Questions and answers about the qualification of patients for implantation treatment and a description of its types can be found on a page describing general indications for implantation. Below we describe the course of implantoprosthetic treatment to rebuild dental deficiencies with a bridge fixed on implants. Such treatment allows to replenish dental deficiencies with a bridge on implants permanently screwed in the patient's mouth.
To perform a prosthetic bridge cemented on implants, it is necessary to wait 2 to 4 months after implantation surgery to grow bone implants. After this period, identical procedures are carried out as in the case of crowns on implants, usually such treatment takes 2-3 visits:
- And visit: the dentist doctor after unscrewing the winding screws located on the implants and screwing the so-called implant. squeeze transfers. Their task is to accurately reproduce the conditions in the mouth and determine the position of the implant on the future model cast by the technique. Then the doctor gets squeezed and tightens the winding bolts again. On this visit, a type of planned reconstruction is determined – depending on the choice of the patient techniques can perform a bridge consisting of porcelain crowns rolled on metal or full ceramic zirconium crowns, which are characterized by the greatest possible Aesthetics.
- II visit: Prosthetic techniques after the cast of gypsum models perform a prosthetic bridge and sends the finished work back to the office. The dentist checks the matching of the crowns on the implants functionally and aesthetically, if the patient accepts the shape and color of the new prosthetic crowns, the doctor screws them in the patient's mouth permanently. At the end of the visit, the doctor informs the patient about the hygiene around the implants, the need for regular inspection visits, and gives the information leaflet on the above topics.
- how should i take care of bridges cemented on implants? – the way bridges cemented on implants are taken care of are no different from how to maintain the hygiene of their own teeth. However, it is necessary to keep in mind periodic inspection visits 1 and 6 months after the cementing of the bridge and then every 12 months.
- what is the durability of implants and bridges cemented on them? – when properly caring for oral hygiene, the durability of the implant is equal to the durability of your own teeth. In case of damage to the bridge on implants, it can always be pulled, and in its place you can make a new bridge – this does not affect the durability of the implant.
- are zirconbridges just as durable as metal bridges? – The zirconium oxide bridge is just as durable as a bridge on a metal substructure. For the durability of the zirconbridge, a full 2-year warranty is provided – identical to standard porcelain bridges. This is made possible by the very high strength of such works. An additional advantage is the perfect aesthetic effect practically impossible to obtain at metal bridges.
- how long does it take to make a bridge on implants? – usually from the moment of the gingival has been taken and the squeezes to make the finished bridge last about 4-6 days. Sometimes with larger, more extensive work, this time can be extended by 2-3 days. With larger prosthetic bridges, an additional visit is often necessary during which the dentist checks the finished skeleton of the bridge in the patient's mouth. Only after this stage is the bridge being cut porcelain in the laboratory and prepared for permanent cementing.