Crowns on implants
Crowns on implants are the best solution when it comes to supplementing the lack of a single tooth. Questions and answers on the qualification of patients for implant treatment and a description of its types can be found on the page describing the general indications for implantation
. Here we will describe the course of implantoprosthetic treatment, enabling the reconstruction of the lack of a single tooth or teeth using porcelain crowns fixed on implants. The main advantage of treatment with implants compared to the alternative method, i.e. reconstruction of the lack of a tooth using a prosthetic bridge
, is the lack of need to grind the patient's adjacent healthy teeth. Thus, there is no need for irreversible damage. To make a crown on the implant, you should wait 2 to 4 months after the implantation
procedure in order for the tooth implant to grow with the bone. For implants in the lower jaw, you have to wait 2 months, for implants in the jaw of the upper grove time is longer and is months. After this period, the following procedures shall be carried out:
- And the visit: the dentist unscrews the healing screws on the implants and screws the so-called impression transfers to the implant in order to take prosthetic impressions. After determining the color of the crown and its type, the doctor tightens the winding screws again. Depending on the patient's choice, porcelain crowns faced on metal or all-ceramic zirconium crowns, which are characterized by the greatest possible aesthetics, can be made on the implant.
- Second visit: prosthetic technician on the basis of impressions provided from the implant office casts a model on which he prepares crowns on implants. On the second visit, the dentist examines the matching of the crowns on the implants functionally and aesthetically, if the patient accepts the shape and color of the new prosthetic crowns, the doctor screws them in the patient's mouth permanently. At the end of the visit, the doctor informs the patient about the hygiene around the implants, the need for regular inspection visits, and gives the information leaflet on the above topics.
- How should I take care of crowns cemented on implants? – the way of taking care of the hygiene of crowns on implants is no different from the way of maintaining hygiene of your own teeth. However, you should remember about periodic follow-up visits after 1 and 6 months from the end of treatment and then every 12 months, during which the dentist checks the bite on the implant, the condition of the gums and the condition of the bone at the implants on the X-ray.
- What is the difference between zirconium crowns and standard ones? – the difference between these two types of crowns is that zirconium crowns are made completely without metal, thanks to which they can be used to achieve the best possible aesthetic effects while maintaining the same durability as traditional porcelain crowns. Standard crowns are made of metal on which porcelain is then burned. This results in less rebuilding and less depth of color, although the aesthetic effect is also very good and does not distinguish itself from the patient's own teeth.
- What is the durability of implants and crowns screwed on them? – with proper oral hygiene, the durability of the implant is equal to the durability of your own teeth. In case of damage to the crown on the implan, it can always be pulled, and a new crown can be performed in its place – this does not affect the durability of the implant.
- What is the total waiting time for crowns to be made after the implants have healed? – The time of making a finished prosthetic crown on the implant from the moment of impression to its permanent screwing is usually about 3-4 working days.
- How often should dental examinations of crowns on implants be performed? – In the first year of using the implants, visits are necessary after 1 and 6 months from the end of treatment. After the first year of use, check-ups should be carried out in the same way as in the case of own teeth – it is recommended that implant check-ups should be performed every 9~12 months. This will allow you to detect in time any inflammation that untreated can lead to the risk of implant durability. Regular timelines semen, reporting for inspection visits is necessary to maintain guarantees for implants implanted.
Crowns on implants Wroclaw
Implant after tooth extraction 22
Tooth crowns on implants Wrocław
Porcelain crown on implant Wrocław
Crown on the implant Wrocław
Zirconia crown, all-ceramic on implants