Crowns on implants
Porcelain crowns on implants are the best option when it comes to supplementing the absence of a single tooth. Questions and answers about the qualification of patients for implantation treatment and a description of its types can be found on a page describing general indications for implantation. Here we will take care of the course of implantation treatment to rebuild the absence of a single tooth or tooth with porcelain crowns fixed on implants. The main advantage of treatment with implants compared to the alternative method, that is, the reconstruction of the absence of a tooth using a prosthetic bridge is the lack of need to grind the adjacent healthy teeth of the patient and thus their irreversible damage. To perform a crown on the implan, it is necessary to wait 2 to 4 months after implantation surgery to grow the tooth implant with the bone. For implants in the lower jaw, you have to wait 2 months, for implants in the jaw of the upper grove time is longer and is months. After this period, the following procedures shall be carried out:
- And visit: the dentist doctor after unscrewing the winding screws located on the implants and screwing the so-called implant. to download prosthetic squeezes. After determining the color of the crown and its type, the doctor tightens the winding screws again. Depending on the choice of the patient on the implan, porcelain crowns can be performed, which are rolled on metal or full ceramic zirconium crowns, which are characterized by the greatest possible aesthetics.
- II visit: prosthetic techniques based on the squeezes delivered from the implantological office casts the model on which he prepares crowns on implants. On the second visit, the dentist examines the matching of the crowns on the implants functionally and aesthetically, if the patient accepts the shape and color of the new prosthetic crowns, the doctor screws them in the patient's mouth permanently. At the end of the visit, the doctor informs the patient about the hygiene around the implants, the need for regular inspection visits, and gives the information leaflet on the above topics.
- how should i take care of crowns cemented on implants? – the way crown hygiene is taken care of implants is no different from how to maintain the hygiene of your own teeth. However, it is necessary to remember periodic inspection visits after 1 and 6 months after the end of treatment and then every 12 months, during which the dentist checks the bite on the implan, the condition of the gums and the bone condition at the implants in the x-ray photo.
- what are the differences between zirconium crowns and standard crowns? – the difference between the two types of crowns is that zirconium crowns are made completely without the participation of metal, so that they can achieve the best possible aesthetic effects while maintaining the same durability as they are characterized by traditional porcelain crowns. Standard crowns are made of metal on which porcelain is then burned. This results in less rebuilding and less depth of color, although the aesthetic effect is also very good and does not distinguish itself from the patient's own teeth.
- what is the durability of implants and crowns screwed on them? – when properly caring for oral hygiene, the durability of the implant is equal to the durability of your own teeth. In case of damage to the crown on the implan, it can always be pulled, and a new crown can be performed in its place – this does not affect the durability of the implant.
- what is the total waiting time for crowns after implants are inserted? – The time of execution of the finished prosthetic crown on the implan from the moment of squeeze to its screwing permanently is usually about 3-4 working days.
- how often should dental reviews of crowns be done on implants? – In the first year of use of implants, visits are necessary 1 and 6 months after the end of treatment. After the first year of use, the checks should be carried out identically to their own teeth – it is recommended that implantological inspections be performed every 9~12 months. This will allow you to detect in time any inflammation that untreated can lead to the risk of implant durability. Regular timelines semen, reporting for inspection visits is necessary to maintain guarantees for implants implanted.